Nov 17, 2018

GB's Awesome Brownie Kit


My go to brownie recipe, from Mrs. Fields Cookie Book. My version is doubled and has less sugar.

I love getting my baking kits together now that I have my Julia Child bowl set from my friend, Gail. All those years, in all those many kitchens, I never had a tiny glass bowl.

GB’s Awesome Brownies

325˚ 
Baking spray 
jelly roll or ½ size “hotel” sheet pan

12 ounces     bittersweet chocolate
8 ounces        butter
8                      eggs
3 1/2 cups     superfine bakers' sugar
1 teaspoon    vanilla
1 teaspoon    salt
1 cup              flour
1 cup              chocolate chips

 Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl set over warm water (or, sigh, in a glass bowl in the microwave, I can't believe I just said that). 

In KitchenAid bowl, beat eggs at medium speed until pale yellow, about three minutes. Slowly add sugar to egg mixture. Add vanilla and chocolate/butter mixture. Add salt and flour and mix well. 

Pour into sprayed jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. 

Bake about 30 minutes, 
or until center is firm. Do not over bake. 
Cool completely and then cut away edges before 
serving. 

Makes 24 brownies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment